Our volunteers are our life blood! We need you to help us care for the park, promote our organisation and to encourage new members
While we appreciate not everyone can help with gardening or working parties, there are lots of other opportunities too. Whilst you are volunteering, you’ll make new friends and enjoy the park more!
What have our volunteers done this past year?
· Refurbished the old first aid hut and created our Information Centre – 150 hours
· Manned the Information Centre – 40 hours
· Prepared the base for the dragon –
· Created our story book
· Fixed story stools in the flower meadow
· Cleaned ditches and park furniture
· Kept the gardens well-maintained, including planting 600 pansies and as many geraniums – over 400 hours
· Planted new trees, oiled the bench around the Peace tree
· Held regular walkabouts with parks to discuss maintenance needed
· Done publicity, designed posters and banners
· Planned and run our events
· Created our website and written newsletters
· Applied for, and successfully achieved, funding
· Given talks to other organisations and attended events
· Joined the committee and formed small sub-groups to look at specific aspects
What sort of thing could you do to help?
· More Tuesday gardeners – expertise not necessary
· More help with monthly Saturday working parties
· More helpers to man our Information Centre regularly
· People with skills in finance, publicity, marketing, communications, education, IT
· People with an interest in wildlife and conservation
If you love our park and use it regularly, please do think about giving some of your time to help.
If you’d like to volunteer or would like to know more, please contact us here and we’ll get back to you very soon.